If all goes to plan, I will:
- Write a daily working process
- Use a public todo list, and make it work
- Catch up on more email from time off
- Ship V1 of Webmaker Metrics retention dashboard
- Work out a plan for aligning metrics work with dev team heartbeats
- Don’t let the immediate todo list get in the way of planning long term processes
- Invest time in working open
- Wrestle with multiple todo list systems until they (or I) work together nicely
- Survive a 5 day week (it’s been a while)
- Write up final testing blog posts from EOY before those tests are forgotten
- Book data practices kick-off meetings with all teams
To try and solve some of the process challenges, I’ve gone back to a tool I built a couple of years ago (Done by When) and I’m breaking it a little bit to make it useful to me again. This might end up being an evening time project to learn about some of the new tech the Webmaker team are using this year (particularly rewriting the front end with React). I find it useful to have a side-project to use as a playground for learning new things.
Anyway, have a great week. I’ll try and write up some more notes at the end.