- Removing the second sentence increases conversion rate (hypothesis = simplicity is good).
- The button text ‘Go!’ increased the conversion rate.
- Both variations on the headline increased conversion rate, but ‘Welcome to Webmaker’ performed the best.
- We should remove the bullet points on this landing page.
- The log-in option is useful on the page, even for a cold audience who we assume do not have accounts already.
- Repeating the ask ‘Sign-up for Webmaker’ at the end of the copy, even when it duplicates the heading immediately above, is useful. Even at the expense of making the copy longer.
- The button text ‘Create an account’ works better than ‘Sign up for Webmaker’ even when the headline and CTA in the copy are ‘Sign up for Webmaker’.
- These two headlines are equivalent. In the absence of other data we should keep the version which includes the brand name, as it adds one further ‘brand impression’ to the user journey.
- The existing blue background color is the best variant, given the rest of the page right now.
The Webmaker Testing Hub
If any of those “conclusions” sound interesting to you, you’ll probably want to read more about them on the Webmaker Testing Hub (it’s a fancy name for a list on a wiki).
This is where we’ll try and share the results of any test we run, and document the tests currently running.
And why that image for this blog post?
Because blog posts need and image, and this song came on as I was writing it. And I’m sure it’s a song about statistical significance, or counting, or something…